SME Members – are you aware that on May 28th, the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker announced 12 Manufacturing Communities designated as part of the Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership (IMCP) initiative.
This Manufacturing Community Initiative http://bit.ly/Uhl2vT is led by the U.S. Commerce Department designed to accelerate the resurgence of manufacturing in communities nationwide.
The first 12 Manufacturing Communities include:
- Southwest Alabama, led by the University of South Alabama
- Southern California, led by the University of Southern California Center for Economic Development
- Northwest Georgia, led by the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission
- The Chicago metro region, led by the Cook County Bureau of Economic Development
- South Kansas, led by Wichita State University
- Greater Portland region in Maine, led by the Great Portland Council of Governments
- Southeastern Michigan, led by the Wayne County Economic Development Growth Engine
- The New York Finger Lakes region, led by the City of Rochester
- Southwestern Ohio Aerospace Region, led by the City of Cincinnati
- The Tennessee Valley, led by the University of Tennessee
- The Washington Puget Sound region, led by the Puget Sound Regional Council
- The Milwaukee 7 region, led by the Redevelopment Authority of the City of Milwaukee
SME members - Are you already involved?
Do you know members or have contacts at these designated sites? Let's engage, let’s get involved with these communities! Need help to get started, let SME know and we can assist.
| Click here to register and hear from U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker Keynote speaker on June 10th at THE BIG M event!