Congratulations to SME’s Nashville Chapter 43 for being one of four chapters to achieve platinum status in 2017! Chapter 43 is also our Chapter of the Month!
SME’s Nashville chapter was formed in 1941. Since then, it’s gone on to become an influential part of the local manufacturing community in Nashville. Specific achievements include:
- Partnering with other organizations to develop ongoing relationships that lead to collaborative and meaningful opportunities in middle Tennessee. These partnerships also promote and advance the chapter’s membership, other organizations, and the youth and professionals in the community.
- Providing access to its technical resources, information and networking opportunities through its sme43.com site.
- Offering educational scholarships to students attending local universities (five awards of $1,500 each are available).
- Connecting with SME student chapters and local educational and professional organizations to share advanced manufacturing technology with youth.
- Sharing best practices with local professionals and students through meaningful plant tours and technical sessions. These types of events have also been effective in growing the chapter’s membership.
Congratulations Chapter 43 on being our August Chapter of the Month and for all that you do on behalf of SME and manufacturing!