Insight Global is looking to fill a position for an Application Engineer in Grand Rapids.
We are looking to have this person ASAP. The interview is scheduled for Monday at 10:00 am.
Below is the skill set that we are looking for! Please let me know how I could get this out.
- Minimum 4 Years of experience with: Solidworks, Microsoft Office
- Ability to solve design flaws and meet unique customer requests, mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, principles, design and analysis simulations, material science, strength of materials and machine design.
- Strong communication skills, customer facing, MUST be well spoken (cool calm & collected/customer is always right mindset).
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment and working 9 hour days
Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering technology or closely related field
Insight Global is looking for two Applications Engineers for one of the premier seating companies based out of Grand Rapids! These cross functional Applications Engineers will work jointly with other areas such as tooling, manufacturing, and quality engineering as well as purchasing representatives to implement product into manufacturing. They will generate product documentation (CAD drawings) using Solidworks for use in manufacturing the product as well as for determining product cost complete with detailed drawings with bill of materials, parts, sub-assemblies, and overall assemblies. Basically, they need to know how to build a chair and put it together and take it apart and put this into a document. First shift M-F 8ish-5ish, OT if needed, based on ship dates. Limited to no travel required. 2 weeks PTO upon acceptance as well as many other company benefits!
Cory Cook |Recruiter | Insight Global, LLC
O: 616-323-2550 ext. 27015
45 Ottawa Ave. SW, Suite 501 | Grand Rapids, MI 49503