Spokane Washington's Chapter 248 is committed to develop and maintain manufacturing excellence in the Inland Northwest by being the most influential and respected society in the local manufacturing community.
Here is a great recommendation from John A. Dunlop, site engineering manager from Honeywell in Spokane, WA.
"Spokane's SME organization is exceptional. The leadership is dedicated to the cause and past leaders remain involved to ensure that the contacts and traditions of the organization continue. Traditions include nearly monthly tours of local manufacturing companies to learn best in class production and Lean techniques. The group also sponsors a student paper night that offers both contacts and awards. This is certainly the premier manufacturing engineering organization in Spokane."
SME Spokane Chapter 248:
We are located in Spokane Washington, USA - we are a group dedicated to advocating and advancing manufacturing in the Inland Northwest (Eastern Washington and the Northern Idaho Area) We are interested in manufacturing technology, LEAN manufacturing processes, and science and technology education. Chapter 248 feels that plant tours, seminars and other events offer a real opportunity to the business and manufacturing community.
(1) By seeing how other businesses organize their operations and solve problems.
(2) By understanding the crucial role played by manufacturing in our economy, and how it is the engine for almost all other kinds of economic activity.
(3) By providing a practical educational experience that broadens our understanding of how different business segments fit into the economic whole.
(4) By showing why students should not pass up manufacturing as a potentially satisfying and lucrative career choice
(5) By providing a useful setting where business and manufacturing professionals can network and learn.
Membership in SME is open to anyone interested in manufacturing or lean. To apply for SME go here: http://www.slideshare.net/dryfinish/fillintheform-and-return, SEE ALSO: www.sme248.org
Here are some links to tour and networking events sponsored by SME-Spokane during 2015: