Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
Northern Colorado Chapter 354
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
Message from the Chair
Learn about Membership Benefits
Our Next Meeting
Other Organization Events
Past Chair Messages
All SME Events
Post a Message
Share a File
Sr. Quality Engineer – Colorado Springs
Description Essential Functions/Responsibilities:
• Ensure site compliance to company’s QMS to maintain ISO 9001 certification and to ITAR requirements.
• Work with other departments to investigate root cause of quality issues and define corrective and preventive actions.
• Study and recommend techniques to improve product and process control methods to enhance overall Quality levels.
• Engage with customers on quality issues and drive creation of 8D reports including root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions
• Own any quality assurance objectives established by upper management and partner with operations staff to ensure the objectives are met
• Promote performance improvement and quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
• Provide Quality Assurance Manager with necessary information for quality system reviews.
• Audit procedures and work instructions according to the internal audit schedule.
• Manage assigned projects and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
• The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position.
*Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a quality engineer; semiconductor manufacturing and/or assembly of integrated circuits is required.
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001; auditor training and experience desired
• Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and 8D problem solving methodology
• Working knowledge of statistics, Gage R&R, DOE and FMEA; JMP or equivalent statistical analysis tools
• Detail oriented problem solver with good analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in relating to both internal and external customers
• Self-starter, team player and able to lead teams and influence associates
• Able to manage competing priorities and make sound decisions in a fluid environment
• CQE certification preferred
• General computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to meet International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance requirements.
• Lifting Requirements: Light Work – must be able to lift up to 20 pounds regularly from floor to waist.
• Must be able to sit for more than 90 consecutive minutes, and not suffer from any sensory deprivation and/or paralysis of the limbs.
• Must be able to spend extended periods standing and walking in a clean-room environment.
• Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions: Must be willing to work in a chemical environment while following all department safety rules and regulations.
• Some travel may be required.
Resumes to Kathleen Conners,
Follow us on Twitter
© SME. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic
Add a tag
User Tags may not contain the following characters: @ # $ & :