SME's High School Mentor Program connects mentors with high school students, allowing mentors to enhance their leadership skills and give back to the manufacturing community, while mentees get the help they need to achieve their personal, educational and professional development goals. View Brochure
Benefits of Participating
- Learn new perspectives.
- Share your knowledge and expertise.
- Pay it forward.
- Gain insight into your strengths and weaknesses.
- Enhance your leadership and communication skills.
- An educational experience focused on manufacturing and problem solving.
- Access to industry professionals and SME Connect.
- Networking support and skill-building opportunities, from local to national levels.
- Information about technology, materials, industries and career pathways.
- Education guidance and resources.
- The chance to build long-lasting personal and business relationships.
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Be an SME member in good standing. Not a member? Join today.
- Mentors can be a postsecondary student, educator, manufacturing professional, consultant or a specialist. Click here to enroll.
- Complete and clear a comprehensive background check.
- Volunteer for one-hour virtual sessions per month.
- Must be available by phone and/or email throughout mentoring period.
- Complete a High School Mentor Program progress form after each monthly meeting as well as post-program surveys and/or interviews.
- Must be an SME member in good standing. Not a member? Join today.
- Make a commitment to meet with your mentor at least one hour per month.
- Complete a High School Mentor Program progress form after each monthly meeting and post-program surveys and/or interviews.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.