What's It All About?
Manufacturing and product design are changing at an astounding rate. Nowhere is the speed more evident than in the Silicon Valley. The impact of the Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, and robotics is huge, and we are just at the beginning. The influence of the digital revolution is impacting our daily lives as well as a myriad of industries.
- Medical robotics growth, innovation, and development of surgical tools continues to improve patient outcomes.
- Cancer treatments through automation are more precise than ever before.
- 3D bioprinting is emerging in the medical field and offers potential for new organs.
- IoT provides the link between data and devices to the Internet that can ultimately reduce downtime and improve quality in manufacturing.
- Integrated software tools, 3D printing, and robotics have continued to develop and merge together to reduce costs, keeping more jobs in the US.
You are invited to attend a one-day SME annual conference on Transforming the Future - IoT, 3D Printing, and Robotics.
- Enjoy interactions with 3D Printing, robotics, and laser equipment.
- Explore opportunities for career development, and attend our Career Fair.
This conference is held in collaboration with the Design-2-Part Show with the SME North Bay and SME Sacramento chapters. Other local organizations that support SME include IEEE-SCV-CPMT, IEEE SFBA-RAS, IEEE-SCV-CE, ASME-SCVS, ASQ Northern CA Biomedical Division, Bio2Device Group, IISE SV/BA, SJSU BMES, SWE-SCV, SVEC, San Jose State University, Laney College, and DeAnza College. For additional information, contact Conference Chair, Cynthia Cook firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend?
- R&D, product development engineers, "makers,” designers, manufacturing professionals, quality assurance, regulatory affairs, technologists, manufacturing engineers, and managers.
- Students and professionals seeking employment opportunities and career growth. We have companies attending the conference who are currently hiring.
- High School Students between 13 and 18 years of age can register with a special educational promo code HIGHSCHOOL2016 to access a $39 student ticket and a special ticket for your guardian or teacher. Please bring an id with you to the conference.
(Tickets sales not started)
7:30 - 8:30 am - Registration, Breakfast and Networking (30 min)
Morning Session (8:30 - 12:00 pm)
8:30 - 8:45 am - Welcome and Opening (15 min)
8:45 - 9:20 am - Opening Keynote: TBD (35 min)
9:20 - 9:55 am - Presentation: TBD (35 min)
9:55 - 10:20 am - Morning Break - (25 min)
10:20 - 11:10 am - IoT in Manufacturing/the Medical Industry - Panel Discussion (50 min)
What are the challenges of IoT?
11:10 - 12:00 pm - 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing - Panel Discussion (50 min)
What is new and novel in 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing?
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm - Lunch Break
Design-2-Part Tour, Technology Demonstrations and Sponsor Interactions (Lunch included)
Note: Interactive 3D Printing, Laser, and Robotics demonstrations available at the conference
Afternoon Session (1:30 - 4:00 pm)
1:30 - 2:00 pm - Spotlight on Innovation (30 min)
This session provides five exciting lighting round of team-based 5-minute presentations on the following topics:
2:00 - 2:50 pm - Robotics and Automation - Panel Discussion (50 min)
What are trends in robotics and automation in manufacturing?
2:50 - 3:15 pm – Break (25 min)
3:15 - 3:45 pm – TBD - Panel Discussion (30 min)
3:45 - 4:15 pm – Closing Keynote: TBD (30 min)
4:15 - 6:00 pm – Reception, Career Fair and Raffle (105 min)
Meet local employers who are looking for talented individuals in R&D, product design, testing, manufacturing engineering, QA/QC, regulatory affairs, project management and more!
2016 Companies Included:
- Arevo Labs
- Impax Laboratories Inc
- Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- Solopoint Solutions
- Inta Technologies
- Electro Imaging Systems
- Varian Medical Systems
- Silicon Valley Robotics
- Solar City
Positions are available for all levels of experience.
This Career Fair event is free to conference attendees and job seekers.
Employers please register here. Registration not open
Job seekers must submit their resume in advance by emailing their resume in PDF format
Pricing includes fully catered breakfast, lunch, mixer reception, and career fair.
* For first-time SME members, this ticket includes a one year SME membership
($138) plus Conference and future discounts on events and factory tours.
** Students must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units of credit at a accredited college or university. Students should be prepared to show proof of student status at the time of conference onsite registration. Students without verification at time of registration will be asked to pay the general admission price.
(Tickets sales not started)