What's It All About?
SME Silicon Valley Chapter 98 invites you to attend a one-day conference on 21st Century Manufacturing - Advanced Technology Trends in Silicon Valley. Explore manufacturing trends in the Bay Area throughout a wide range of industries.
- City Programs promoting manufacturing
- IoT in the Industrial Environment
- BioMedical Disruption in the Valley
- Robotics/Automation in manufacturing
You will hear from government representatives, industry leaders, and panelists.
- Enjoy interactions with our sponsors and see some great equipment demos.
- Explore opportunities for career development, and attend our Career Fair.
This conference is presented by the SME Silicon Valley, in collaboration with the North Bay and Sacramento Chapters and also in collaboration with the student chapters from San Jose State University, Laney College, and DeAnza College.
Enjoy and tour the adjoining Design-2-Part (D2P) trade show May 24 to 25 and make connections to meet local suppliers for materials, processes, prototyping, and manufacturing. To register for the D2P trade show at no cost, visit D2P show website: http://d2p.com/ShowInfo
For additional information, contact Conference co-chairs, Cynthia Cook firstname.lastname@example.org and Lisa Gregerson email@example.com
Who Should Attend?
- Manufacturing Executives, Operations Managers, Manufacturing Engineers & Professionals, Biomedical Engineers, R&D, Quality Assurance, Product Development Engineers, "Makers”, Designers, Technologists, Government Representatives and Managers.
- Students and professionals seeking employment opportunities and career growth. We have companies attending the conference who are currently hiring.
7:30 - 8:30 am - Registration, Breakfast and Networking (30 min)
Morning Session (8:30 - 12:00 pm)
8:30 - 8:45 am - Welcome and Opening (15 min)
8:45 - 9:20 am - Opening Keynote: Nat Mani CEO BESTRONICS (35 min)
9:20 - 9:55 am - Presentation: Industrial IoT (35 min)
9:55 - 10:20 am - Morning Break - (25 min)
10:20 - 11:45 am - "Manufacturing in My City" -
Mayors from multiple cities speak on what is happening in their city
- Mayor John Marchand - City of Livermore
11:45 pm - 1:15 pm - Lunch Break
Design-2-Part Tour, Technology Demonstrations and Sponsor Interactions (Lunch included)
Note: Demonstrations available at the conference
Afternoon Session (1:15 - 4:15 pm)
1:15 - 1:45 pm - Biomedical trends of the 21st Century and why Silicon Valley is the place to be: Gregory Theyel Biomedical Manufacturing Network
1:45 - 2:15 pm - Benefits of Industrial Automation and Robotics in Manufacturing - (30 min)
2:15 - 2:45 pm – Break (30 min)
2:45 - 3:15 pm – State-of-the-art manufacturing processes and how they will affect manufacturing in the valley over the next 5 years: Noreen King Evolve Manufacturing Technologies Inc. (30 min)
3:15 - 3:45 pm – TBD (30 min)
3:45 - 4:15 pm – Closing Keynote: TBD (30 min)
4:15 - 6:00 pm – Reception, Career Fair (105 min)
Meet local employers who are looking for talented individuals in R&D, product design, testing, manufacturing engineering, QA/QC, regulatory affairs, project management and more!
2016 Companies Included:
- Intuitive Surgical Inc.
- Electro Imaging Systems
- Varian Medical Systems
Positions are available for all levels of experience.
This Career Fair event is free to conference attendees and job seekers.
Employers, if interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job seekers must submit their resume in advance by emailing their resume in PDF format
Pricing includes fully catered breakfast, lunch, mixer reception, and career fair.
* Students must be currently enrolled in at least 6 units of credit at an accredited college or university. Students should be prepared to show proof of student status at the time of conference onsite registration. Students without verification at time of registration will be asked to pay the general admission price.