Many high technology companies focus their efforts on developing and commercializing innovative technologies vs. delivering products that customers actually want. In this interactive and informative session, we will discuss how to understand markets & identify customer needs, and then embed those needs into product design. Companies like Apple, that design products in tune with customer needs, gain a substantial competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Our expert panel will address issues including:
· Understanding Market Potential & Customer Needs
· Embedding Customer Needs into Product Requirements (PRD)
· Translating the PRD into Engineering Development Specifications (EDS)
· Tools & practices to help engineering meet specifications
· How to identify and mitigate market & product development risks
· Jessica Ching, Strategic Marketing Advisor, ActionSpot and Lead Advising Consultant, Life Sciences for XRPIZE (Marketing / Product Management)
· Walt Maclay, President of Voler Systems (Electronics Product Development)
· Mark Brinkerhoff, President of FusionDesign (Mechanical Product Development)
· Kevin Rowett, VP of Hardware Engineering, DSSD (OEM Product Development)
Panelists will share their real-life experiences developing products for companies such as Samsung Electronics, Toshiba, Abbot Diabetes Care, Kumu Networks, Thoratec, Graphite Systems, Violin Memory, Boing, JDS Uniphase and more.