SME Connect Etiquette
When you join SME Connect, you’re joining a community of manufacturing practitioners from around the world, sharing information, asking advice and learning from each other. Note: These guidelines are also available to download in PDF format
We want to encourage a professional, supportive and inclusive environment for all participants of SME Connect and ask that everyone abide by these guidelines.
- Be professional and respectful of other people’s opinions, even if they are different to your own.
- Be sincere in your contributions. Post with purpose — to inform, educate or support.
- Share your knowledge. Offer solutions. Help by sharing your knowledge and experiences.
- Show your appreciation by liking and commenting on posts and content by others.
- Be constructive in your interactions with other members.
- Use the objectionable link to alert the SME Connect Community Manager of any unsuitable content or members.
- Check your privacy settings regularly and keep personal information private.
- Remember that members of SME are also subject to the Code of Ethics contained in the SME Governance Document.
- Use the community to ask questions, share experiences, images, videos and so on with other members.
- Comply with all applicable laws and relevant SME Privacy Policies.
- Post personal and private information belonging to either yourself or others. The community is a public space, so please ensure that you do not post phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, bank details or other personal/private information for everyone to see.
- Post advertising (including job adverts or similar groups), spam or re-post the same content in multiple areas of the community. The SME Connect Community Manager will remove any third-party adverts or similar group mentions, spam or any posts considered inappropriate for the community. Removal of this type of information is at the Community Managers' discretion.
- Post political and/or religious content. Politics and religion are personal preferences and do not belong in an online forum designed for manufacturers. The SME Connect Community Manager will remove any political and/or religious posts considered inappropriate for the community.
- Use bad, insulting or offensive language. Members of the community are here to help and support other members so please do not personally attack fellow members.
- Post any inappropriate content, swearing or depiction of violence.
- Change the topic of an existing thread. Please start a new topic if the discussion is wandering from the original post.
- Create multiple user accounts with the intention to impersonate, deceive or spam community members.
The decisions of the SME Community Manager are final. Please review and comply with all notices sent by the SME Community Manager concerning the use of SME Connect. If you have questions, please post a new topic in the Using SME Connect discussion forum
or email firstname.lastname@example.org