Searching for content
SME Connect is a fully searchable site based on keywords and taxonomy. Utilize these suggestions to search for content within the site. Note: These instructions are also available to download in PDF format.
USING THE SEARCH BAR
To search for content in SME Connect:
- Select the search bar at the top of any page.
- Enter keywords relevant to what you’re looking for.
- Select the search icon to display the results.
- Filter your search results by applying one or more of the filter options.
- Select the title to view that item of content.
To search for content by profile:
- A profile-based search is an easy way to find other people with the same interests or experience in SME Connect. To use profile-based searching, click on the Industry/Technology/Field keywords in the profile information of the user's profile you are viewing. This will search the community for all users with the same information and return a list of those users in the search results.
- For example, Bill Jones has 3D/Additive Manufacturing listed as one of his Industry/Technology/Fields, so clicking on “3D/Additive Manufacturing” on Bill’s profile will display a list of other SME members who also have that interest listed in their profile information. From the list, you can then view their profiles and add them as a new contact by sending them a connection request.
Questions? Please post in the Ask SME Forum or contact the SME Connect Community Manager at email@example.com for assistance.