We're thrilled to announce that the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Kansas City Chapter 57 is offering two (2) $1,500 scholarships to local students pursuing a career in manufacturing or engineering. Here are the details:
Application Link: https://forms.gle/PJjwcUPVmyZWbTWP7
Application Deadline: November 3rd, 2023, at 11:59 PM CDT
Selection Process: Recipients will be chosen by a committee appointed by SME Chapter 57's Board of Directors. Winners will be notified by November 22nd, 2023.
- Reside in the Greater Kansas City Metro Area.
- Successfully completed Manufacturing and/or Engineering courses at an accredited institution in the Kansas City area.
- Be committed to a career in Manufacturing, Engineering, or a related program.
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Submit an official transcript.
- Provide at least one (1) letter of recommendation from a high school faculty member. Optionally, submit up to two (2) additional letters from SME members or other faculty, highlighting the applicant’s integrity, ethics, initiative, service, and career potential.
Our Mission: Our aim is to offer professional development opportunities to our chapter members through SME-sponsored plant tours, networking events, and board leadership. We also strive to promote manufacturing as a viable career path to high school and college students through our scholarship programs.
We encourage you to share this opportunity widely. Students need not be affiliated with SME to be eligible for a scholarship.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
Chair, SME Chapter 57