Developing America’s future workforce of manufacturing and engineering technologists by engaging them in critical reasoning and problem-solving skills through partnering industry with education.
The establishment of the "Educational and Professional Succession" senior SME chapter is to shepherd the associated student chapters and affiliates, providing a conduit of connectivity ensuring the success of the participants. The SME student chapters collaborate and support each other with mentorship from the professional/senior chapter as the students ascend through education and into the workplace. This two-way collaboration fuels the educational and professional succession as we develop our manufacturing and engineering workforce.
Advance manufacturing and attract future generations of chapter and society members
Prime School Chapter Sponsor
Hawthorne High School. Students in the SME PRIME network receive hands-on training on modern equipment, and learn about technology and processes through tailored curriculum that is informed by local manufacturing companies in their communities.
Chapter Membership Benefits
- Membership in Chapter 153 facilitates a career pathway to professional success. We “serve” our country by collaborating with industry to create a workforce. We create career success stories to professional success. Karen makes sense out of building the education to profession succession. Ask her about our pre-apprentice engineering and manufacturing program called Aero-flex. Contact Karen @ email@example.com
- Scholarships available through SME Education Foundation https://www.smeef.org/
- Engage in student competitions: design, fabricate, build and compete
- Student chapters, both 2-year community and four-year institutions
- Boeing Member Center - Boeing employees only. SME offers unique opportunities for members of companies that become Corporate Members.
- Build your technical/professional networks & communities
- Please visit and join our Chapter Linkedin Website @ www.linkedin.com/groups/13876263/
Refer to the "files" section for past meeting minutes and to access "Leadership" topic files.
Historical Chapter 153 "News Flashes" file folder added. Thank you Mr. Timko, previous Chapter Officer for these scans from the 1980s!
Please join our LinkedIn group page, titled South Bay Area (Los Angeles County, CA) Chapter 153, for our latest activities and announcements
LinkedIn Chapter 153 Page
Discord #chapter153 has been launched, includes student chapter channels.
As the calendar defaults to "Today", accessing calendar event details requires: select "week" tab, click the forward arrow until the week is shown, click on the event to show details. NOTE: additional information about the event may be posted in the "Upcoming Events" section of the website.
Ron Gill - HSME, CMfgE
California Polytechnic State University S012
California State University, Northridge S327
Bingbing Li, PhD
Note: The use or release of an SME member's contact information, for commercial purposes, is contrary to SME's policy and is prohibited.