SME's Northern Lights Chapter 370 is committed to providing INFORMATION and NETWORKING opportunities in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.We offer local members who provided Diversified Manufacturing Knowledge and Capabilities. Our members include Entrepreneurs, Managers, Engineers, Technicians, Salesman, Teachers and Students who have a common interest in Advancing Manufacturing Technology.
What We Do . . .
Nine technical presentations are organized each year. These are either presentation style or tour of different facilities. SME members are given a reduced rate.
Joint seminars are hosted yearly based on topics suggested by you the members.
SME along with local industry sponsors organize the annual Capstone Design Awards presented selected projects from the senior design class at the University of Alberta.
- Organize tours of local manufacturing facilities.
- Support Student Chapter Activities.
- Encourage members to obtain SME Certification as CMfgT or CMfgE.
- Promote manufacturing profession and profession and professionalism in the community.
- From the local chapter, you receive reduced rates on our activities.
- Networking and partnering abilities with other local manufacturing facilities.
- Access to resources provided to all SME members.
- SME events
- Online library
- Publication access
- Purchase books, videos, DVDs to expand your knowledge
- Monthly Manufacturing Engineering subscription
- Technical webinars