Midwest Chapter Roundtable Conference
The leadership panelists were made up of industry and SME volunteer leadership: Matt Edwards, Pella Windows; Duane Dierschow, Emerson Flow Controls; Wayne Frost, 2015 SME president; and James Schlusemann, international director, SME Board of Directors. Participants discussions were centered around:
- Collaborative leadership.
- Working with four generations of the workforce.
- Workforce adaptation of automation and artificial intelligence.
- A genuine leader: Expectations, commitment, integrity, listening and more.
- Chapter officer roles and contemporary approaches to communications and how members want to receive communications.
- How to utilize social media for instant announcements for chapter events and programs.
- Interest groups and meetups
- How to recognize and involve chapter thought leaders from industry and academia.
- Understanding members by walking in their shoes.
Kyle Riegel, 2018-19 SME Member Council representative, gave a presentation titled "SME Member Council. What is it?"
As part of my presentation, I discussed:
- "Engagement: Member Participation, Recruitment and Retention"
- "How to plan a company tour and networking."
- "Why be a member: Features, benefits and value"
- "What's your chapter’s purpose, mission and vision?"
My appreciation for our team presenters and participants. We are excited about planning future chapter conferences and workshops.